Interesting Facts about Shipping Containers and How They Can Be Utilised
It’s safe to say that you probably don’t think about shipping containers all that often but it’s important to note that these integral ampules are fairly beguiling in their own right:
- 95% of the world’s cargo is still conveyed via ships and shipping containers; this mode of conveyance is still the most cost-effective option for large-scale, high volume consignments.
- If every shipping container in the world was lined up end to end, the chain would circle the planet almost three times; however, it’s worth mentioning that less than 40% are currently in circulation and utilised on a consistent basis.
- It is estimated that anywhere from 5,000-10,000 shipping containers are lost at sea each year but most of them end up sinking to the bottom of the ocean very quickly.
- Even in the worst of conditions, shipping containers can last multiple decades without succumbing to structural deterioration, especially those that have been manufactured during the past decade or so.
As such, shipping containers have long been used for storing and transporting many of the goods, supplies, and provisions that we need on a day-to-day basis but it’s worth noting that many people are beginning to transform these durable vessels to suit a wide range of needs. So if you’ve been seeking affordable shipping containers for hire in Melbourne, for instance, feel free to use this brief article as an introductory guide to understanding how versatile and adaptable these amazing products can be.
The Most Common Uses for Shipping Containers
If you partner with a reputable shipping container supplier in your vicinity, you’ll gain immediate access to a dexterous team of logistical experts that can help you with any of the following tasks:
- Storing surplus furniture, household goods, and other commodities
- Warehousing commercial merchandise, non-perishable foods, and retail supplies
- Stockpiling tools, workshop equipment, machinery, and other industrial necessities
- Transporting provisions either locally or interstate
To put it plainly, shipping containers are a fantastic resource for anyone looking to increase his or her stowage capabilities in an economical and accessible manner, which is why countless Australians are beginning to purchase or rent containers for personal use in today’s landscape.
The New-Age, Innovative Ways to Utilise Shipping Containers
Your local shipping container company can also modify and augment these steel ampules to account for a vast array of alternative applications. By implementing windows, awnings, custom-fabricated interiors, AC systems, lighting, personal access doors, and other contemporary inclusions, these resourceful firms can convert these simplistic storage units into fully functional structures:
- Fitted living areas, studios, and student accommodations
- Private workshops and workspaces
- Moveable cafés, miniature eateries, and ancillary restaurant facilities
- Personalised offices
- Disaster shelters
- Swimming pools
- Portable toilets
- Camping buildings
- Indoor gardens
There are truly an unlimited number of uses for shipping containers so be sure to contact a trustworthy local supplier to create a customised plan for your needs.